The College of Dental Surgeons of BC and WorkSafe BC have specific requirements set out through the BC Ministry of Health that will need to be in place during the COVID-19 pandemic. These guidelines are intended to ensure a safe office environment. We have implemented protocols to go above and beyond the required guidelines, please see below:
- All team members will complete daily temperature checks and self-assessments for the COVID-19 symptoms. Appropriate testing and isolation guidelines will be followed in the event one of our team members becomes ill.
- If you are ill or have been feeling symptoms of a severe illness, you must reschedule your appointment.
- All team members will have appropriate PPE for each visit.
- For every patient, we will screen in advance for COVID-19 symptoms, including completing a COVID-19 questionnaire (click here), and upon arrival, the patient will have a contactless temperature check done. All patients will be required to use hand sanitizer upon entry to the clinic. If we have concerns regarding the questionnaire or temperature check, we reserve the right to reschedule your appointment.
- To ensure social distancing, appointments will be scheduled lighter and longer than usual to avoid too many people being present in the office at one time.
- Between each patient’s visits, we will continue to clean and disinfect all surfaces in all operatories and waiting rooms and maintain strict sterilization standards.
- Every operator is equipped with air scrubbing units to reduce aerosols.
- Upon booking or arrival, you may be asked to wait in your vehicle.
- In the reception area, chairs will be spaced apart to ensure social distancing.
- We ask that only patients come into the office for their appointment. For children under 12 or patients with disabilities, one parent or guardian may attend but would ideally wait in their vehicle until the appointment is over. Written updates outlining what took place at the visit will be issued to each patient attending an appointment without a parent present.
- Before treatment is started, patients will be required to rinse with 1% Hydrogen Peroxide to reduce potential viral load.
- Please bring only what you need. Do not bring large purses, backpacks or other items
- At this point in time, hygiene appointments will be hand scaling only, with no polishing, to avoid aerosol production.
As always, our goal is to provide you with the best dental care in the safest way possible. Please continue to be patient while we work diligently to reschedule all appointments.